Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ups and Downs

Well, this wasn't the best week with Sesame. She was reclusive and preferred to snatch her yogurt treat out of my hands and run back with it to her tube instead of eating it from my hand. Then, when I was preparing dinner I hadan idea. I was preparing corn on the cob and realized that Sesame might like some. I plucked off a few kernels and bought it up to her cage. The first one she nibbled from my fingers so I dropped the remaining kernels into her cage. Instead of eating them she began frantically digging through her bedding (for no real reason) and wound up covering up her kernels. So, I reached my finger in the cage and pointed out the corn and she bit me, hard! That's what I get for trying to give her a treat.

I was really upset but today was cage cleaning day so I didn't hold it against her and washed everything out and gave her new bedding and let her run around in her ball. Things were going really well, in fact, she let me pick her up right out of her cage which has only happened like once before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home