Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Cleaning Day


I cleaned out Sesame's cage this weekend. I was really excited because my package from PetSmart had arrived and I had all sorts of new things to try out with her. Vegetable hamster waffles were a hit - the vegetable ravioli were not. They are just too big for dwarf hamsters. I had to cut it up for her. The "Chube" was also too big for her! So I cut it in half so I could actually fit it in her dwelling. She seemed to like crawling up on top of it more than crawling into it. The bedding square was a treat for her. She started clawing and scratching it up so much I thought she was having some type of epelictic fit. When I washed out the cage I put her in her too mini critter ball. At first she didn't seem to get it...but then she started rolling around and bumping into everything. It wasn't long before there was a lot of hamster waste rolling around in that ball with her.

When I put her back in her home I hoped she would learn to use her new hamster litter box but instead she had another fit when she discovered the litter and wouldn't stop until she had ferociously dug all the litter out and scattered the litter all over the cage. Since then she has dragged all her bedding inside the box and made it into a bed. Oh well. If it makes her happy. The weird thing is that she has finally discovered her wheel. Maybe it was being in the critter ball that got her used to the sensation of spinning because now she runs in it all time.

The only bad part was when she bit me. Maybe I was a little too excited to pick her up. She does seem to be really responding to my voice though and I swear her fur looks a little frazzled if I don't make it home till late. So her hamster home looked spotless and packed with her new toys. About an hour later it was trashed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home